St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church Organizations
The volunteer’s code of conduct states that all volunteer are required to attend a VIRTUS prior to active involvement with any ministry or organization at the Church. If you are new to a ministry or organization or are considering joining, please register at www.virtus.org (If you are currently active in a ministry or organization and do not remember attending a class please contact the church office.)
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton is associated with a number of independent organizations whose membership is composed of mostly SEAS parishioners. These organizations are an important part of our community life. Our parish happily provides space for meetings and special functions.
We are proud of our relationship with these organizations:
Lay Carmelites, Carolyn Amond 864-320-7889
Knights of Columbus Grand Knight: John Robertson 864-593-5154
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS COUNCIL 8182 ANNUAL REPORT
Our Council mission is to serve and support our SEAS Parish and the community. Below is a summary of the accomplishments we were able to achieve in 2019 with your support.
- COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP FUND-Awarded $1500.00 in Scholarships to six (6) of our Parish college students.
- HOME WORKS of AMERICA- Provided $300.00 to fund a complete dinner meal in support of volunteers making home repairs for low income
- MB6 FOUNDATION – Raised $350.00 for the “MB6 Foundation” that supports underprivileged youth so they can participate in sports
- RESPECT LIFE – To help defray the cost of the trip, provided $1000.00 toward the annual January ‘March for Life’ trip to Washington, DC
- 40 DAYS FOR LIFE – Provided $260.00 in support of Pro-Life efforts and participate in the praying of the Rosary at the Grove Road Abortion
- SEMINARIAN SUPPORT- Provided $1000.00 to Seminarian Sebastian Barbosa in support of his journey in becoming a priest
- VINCENT DePAUL SOCIETY
- COATS FOR KIDS – Provided $500.00 to purchase 40 new high-quality coats for children 12 and
- JUNE YARD SALE – Provided SVDP the first choice of items from our annual Knights’ Yard Sale for their clients
- MIRACLE HILL GIFT CARDS – With the unsold items from our Knights’ Yard sale, we secured Miracle Hill gift cards totaling $720.00 that were donated to St. Vincent DePaul
- WOUNDED WARRIORS – Donated $222.00 that was matched for a total of
$444.00 to support our “Wounded Warriors”
We, the Knights, are extremely grateful for the support of our SEAS Community and want to let you know how your support and generosity has helped accomplish so much for our SEAS Parish and those less fortunate.
In addition to our charitable donations, you will find Knights serving in leadership capacities in most SEAS ministries and other functional areas of Parish Life. Service to the Parish is provided NOT because we are Knights BUT because we are, first and foremost, practicing Catholics….but also members of the Knights of Columbus
We can always use more helping hands and ask all the men of our SEAS Parish to consider joining the cause.